This workshop provides information and tools for families with young children (up to 36 months) who are preparing for the transition to preschool.
This workshop will help you:
• Learn what the research says about high quality preschool
• Understand the importance of a transition conference
• Review the transition timeline
• Locate preschool options in your community
• Identify the special education services your child is currently receiving and will need in preschool
• Learn the impact of Free and Appropriate Public Education in the Least Restrictive Environment decisions you and your team will be making
• Learn the vocabulary of the IEP meeting
Who should attend? Families with a young child with disabilities or learning challenges, school staff, other community member
RSVP with Genevieve Hecht by April 24, 2019 (989) 863-4053 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register online www.michiganallianceforfamilies.org/rsvp
Please note: To be good stewards of our funding resources, we need a minimum number of participants registered by the registration deadline for the presentation to be held. If it is after the deadline and you haven’t registered, please call or email to check the status of the event. If you require accommodations or materials in an alternative format, please let us know one week before the workshop.