Positive Behavior Supports with Sandee Koski
Many children have behaviors that are part of their disability. These behaviors may make it difficult to learn, cause harm, or isolate a child from his or her peers.
We will explain what a Functional Behavior Analysis (FBA) is, and how a FBA leads to the development of a Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) that utilizes Positive Behavior Supports (PBS), and how to incorporate these items in the IEP process.
Discipline for Students with Disabilities with Cheryl Levine
The workshop highlights areas of collaboration throughout the discipline processes for students with IEPs.
• Identifying red flags in student referrals
• What to ask about extra protections for students with disabilities
• Recent changes in the law requires of school district policy
• Disproportionality in discipline
Register by 12-2-17 with Regina Hilburn or Sherry Lynch-Kenworthy
(989) 596-0208 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please note: To be good stewards of our funding resources, we need a minimum number of participants registered by the registration deadline for the presentation to be held. If it is after the deadline and you haven’t registered, please call or email to check the status of the event.
If you require accommodations or materials in an alternative format, please let us know one week before the workshop.