This workshop covers guardianship from a historical perspective, strangers as guardians, and alternatives to guardianship.
• What are alternatives to guardianship?
• What is power of attorney?
• How can medical and financial decisions be handled?
• What is self-determination?
• What is supported decision making?
• How can we best support students as they transition to adulthood?
Who should attend? Families with a child with disabilities or learning challenges, school staff, other community members
RSVP with Nicole Miller by May 1, 2019 (231) 715-1503 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register online www.michiganallianceforfamilies.org/rsvp
Please note: To be good stewards of our funding resources, we need a minimum number of participants registered by the registration deadline for the presentation to be held. If it is after the deadline and you haven’t registered, please call or email to check the status of the event. If you require accommodations or materials in an alternative format, please let us know one week before the workshop.