Registration for the 3rd Surviving the Social Jungle is open!!!!
Saturday, March 2, 2019 9:00-12:20 $16
Full Day option for Professional Development
Afternoon conference for Teens 8th grade-High School Registration will be 1/28 at teensempowered.org
Seven interactive stations for kids!
*Verbal Judo – self-defense moves and words you can say to mean comments!
*Calm and Collected- yoga moves and learn how to calm your brain and body in sticky situations
*“Picture This” -self-esteem and confidence
*Pick Your Emoji – confident and friendly body language
*Rock, Paper, Scissors – solving playground issues
*Kindness Rocks – the power of words and kindness
*Special guest: Unbreakable. I Am Who I Am, with Ali McManus
Kids are grouped into *3rd-5th grade and Middle School groups!
In groups of 10-15 kids travel to each interactive station to learn skills and strategies to deal with unfriendly classmates and prevent bullying.
For Parents, Teachers, Coaches and Counselors
Keynote and 9 different workshops to choose from!
Afternoon session available for Professional Development credits.
Keynote: The Hidden Impact of Screentime and Social Media On The Developing Brain: What Every Trusted Adult Needs To Know
• From Distress To Success: How To Reach, Teach, and Support iGen students
• Emotional Intelligence and Boys: Why We Do? What We Do?
• Raising Girls. How to Raise Girls who are Powerful, Resilient, Brave
• ADHD in a Kid’s Social and Academic World
• Talk Saves Lives
• Practical Activities for Inclusion and Equity in the K-12 Classroom
• Social Jungle Navigation: A Compass for Parents
• Anxiety in a Kid’s Social and Academic World
• Bullying and Diversity: Upstanders, Not Bystanders, Make Schools Safe
AFTERNOON PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Workshop
• Understanding Trauma in the Classroom.