ASAT offers families:
1. ASAT provides comprehensive evidence-based research summaries of the full array of autism treatments for families and professionals to make informed choices before considering treatment options.
2. Provides recommendations on “recommended” evidence based treatments and those treatments that are “non-supported” based on the research base, including alternative treatments.
3. Help parents see the value of science in guiding treatment decision making.
4.Provide parents with things to consider and ask when choosing a behavioral provider.
5. Provide specific links for information on treatment targets (e.g., bowel training, measuring social skills, bolting).
6. Publish a free, email based quarterly newsletter summarizing new advances in ASD treatment and other ASD care relevant topics for parents and professionals.
7. Provide media watch summaries responding to accurate and inaccurate media coverage of ASD treatment.