With its bright murals and open layout, Hurley Children’s Center is the picture of a modern pediatric office, but it is so much more than that. Officially known as Hurley Children’s Center – Sumathi Mukkamala Children’s Center, the clinic is adjacent to the Flint Farmers’ Market and within walking distance of the bus station. Its primary care continuity clinic welcomes patients with appointments as well as walk-ins, for services such as:
- Sports and school physicals
- Well Child Visits
- Minor and acute care needs
- Monitoring of chronic conditions
- Sick Call Appointments
- Follow-up post-hospitalization
- Nutrition counseling
Additionally, with a referral from a primary care physician, Hurley Children’s Center patients have access to experts in the following subspecialties:
- Behavioral medicine*
- Infectious Disease/RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus)
- Physical Medicine/Rehab*
- Pulmonary/Cystic Fibrosis
- Ophthalmology-Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)*
*Developmental Clinics/Behavioral, Neonatal
The clinic’s unique approach to family-centered care includes:
- An onsite nutritionist to educate families about healthy food choices.
- Double-up dollars for the Farmers’ Market on Tuesdays and Thursdays, where cinic families get twice as much fresh produce for their money. (Up to forty dollars. Bridge cards accepted.)
- A large conference area where continuity clinic physicians can discuss cases with the subspecialty doctors to keep everyone in the loop and elevate patient care.
Completing the picture is our highly-qualified staff of attending physicians, pediatric residents, RNs and medical assistants.