Down Syndrome and Autism Scholarship Eligibility and Requirements
- To qualify, the applicant (or their guardian) must show proof that they have been diagnosed with Autism or Down Syndrome.
- To apply, the applicant, their friend, relative, or teacher must submit a letter or video stating how the financial aid will benefit them. (For example, a neighbor could send a video stating why a Down Syndrome child needs an adaptive bicycle, or a grandmother could write a letter on behalf of her autistic granddaughter who could benefit from an iPad or a special needs camp.)
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation. These should be from teachers, employers, friends or community leaders. They should attest to the applicant’s character, ability and need for financial aid for educational or recreational opportunities.
- Applicants must agree to allow Varghese Summersett PLLC to use his/her name, photo, video, letter, and/or story on our website.
- Submit letters or videos to Jane Scribner at firstname.lastname@example.org.