25th Annual CARE Parenting Conference
March 7 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$30 – $40
Join us for the 25th Annual Parenting Conference hosted by CARE of Southeastern Michigan.
During this day long conference, parents, caregivers, teachers and community members will participate in over 20 workshops designed to help learn new skills for raising happy kids and teens.
Also, this year’s keynote speaker, is New York Times best-selling author and columnist Jessica Lahey who has been inspiring audiences with her rallying cry to allow children to experience failure as an integral part of becoming successful, resilient and self-reliant adults. Her breakthrough manifesto, The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed, has become essential reading for parents, educators and coaches and declared a “must-read” by magazines as varied as Working Mother, Fortune and Education.
Throughout the day we cover topics such as:
- Solutions to difficult behavior
- Signs and symptoms of teen depression
- Parenting and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Post-partum depression and other mental health topics
- Eating disorders
- Building strong connections with your kids
- Cooking family dinners on a budget
- Managing anger
- New parenting strategies for daily battles with children
- LGBTQ questions
- Benefits of cooking with your child
- Financial literacy for the family
- Children and the grieving process
- Navigating the juvenile justice system