- This event has passed.
ASK Walk for Autism
May 5$25 – $50
Join us for the 4th Annual Walk for Autism!
***THE DEADLINE TO BE GUARANTEED A SHIRT IS MONDAY, APRIL 15!***
Special thanks to the Autism Alliance of Michigan, this year’s Event Sponsor!
Last year, over 600 people came out to support families affected by autism, be together as one community of autism, and help us raise funds for the important programs that we do. Thank you!
On Sunday, May 5, 2019, we will have a day filled with FUN, togetherness, food, kids’ activities, a Resource Fair, and a walk in John Ball Park! We hope you will join us!
Help us continue to respond to the growing needs of the autism community by bringing $25 in pledges to the Walk.
Your pledge of $25 gets you into the Walk and activities and gets you a t-shirt and a one-day pass to John Ball Zoo. Use your pass that day or save it for any other day in the 2018 season. Everyone over age 2 is asked to bring $25 in pledges to participate.
All the proceeds raised at this event will stay in Kent County and be used to fund the over $55,000 worth of programs and services we provide each year! WE PUT 70% OF EVERY DOLLAR WE RAISE RIGHT BACK INTO PROGRAMS AND SERVICES!
2018 AUTISM SUPPORT OF KENT COUNTY PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- In 2018, we provided over $55,000 worth of programs and resources for families affected by autism!
- We answer the phone, respond to emails and messages, and are here for families. In fact, over 250 people contacted us for help in 2018.
- We gave $5,400 so that low-income students could go out into the community and practice social skills and work to gain independence. That program touched over half of the students with autism who live in poverty!
- We are here for schools and teachers through Music Therapy, resources, financial support for ASD classrooms, and by providing use of a membership to the Public Museum. In total, over 250 students were directly affected by our support.
- We offered TEN workshops for parents, caregivers, and professionals and offered family events to over 1,100 people (total) this year. We even offer Support Groups that are entirely in Spanish!
- We funded $15,000 for scholarships for camp at Indian Trails Camp, and our families had preferential registration to camp.
We pledged $10,000 to increase staffing at the Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital Autism Clinic to help decrease wait times to TWO weeks, from over six months, and increase the number of children served to 500 each year!
We also provide things like workshops and support groups, autism safety training for law enforcement and emergency personnel, our Project Lifesaver tracking system, friendship groups for teens, young adults and even older adults with HFS, support for West MI Special Hockey, and much much more!
We can’t wait to see you at the Zoo!