- This event has passed.
July 13 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:30 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until August 14, 2020
ACHIEVE, BELIEVE, LEARN, AND EXPERIENCE WITH CAMP A.B.L.E.
Ages: 8-14 years
Camp A.B.L.E. is an adapted summer camp experience designed for youth with disabilities. For nearly 30 summers, this unique camp has set the precedent for Therapeutic Recreation camps to be modeled after throughout Southeast Michigan.
Participants take part in a variety of activities throughout the day, interacting with their peers, enhancing social skills, reinforcing gross and fine motor skills, and gaining independence.
Camp operates Monday-Friday from mid-June to mid-August. Each week consists of three field trips, two days of special activities at the camp site. Participants may register for individual days of camp.
Please be advised that space is limited.
- Licensed through the State of Michigan
- Full Day Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Half Day registration on TUESDAYS and WEDNESDAYS, mornings or afternoons: The perfect choice for participants who are new to Camp A.B.L.E.
- CPR/First Aid and CPI Certified Staff
- Field Trips Every Monday, Thursday, and Friday
- Tuesday and Wednesday full-day registrations include swimming at the Summit on the Park Aquatic Center
- Option for daily registration
- Camp A.B.L.E. is located at Canton’s historic Cherry Hill Schoolhouse; 50440 Cherry Hill Road
- Camp A.B.L.E. 360 Camp Video (HTML) Opens in New Window : as you proceed through the video click right or left on the screen to scroll around the room.
- Scholarships available through the Marion and Jerry Rozum Family Fund for those who qualify – Apply Online or pick up an application at the Summit on the Park’s Front Desk
- Registration for Camp A.B.L.E. available at the Summit on the Park and online.
2020 CAMP A.B.L.E. SEASON
- Monday, Thursday and Friday: $65 per day; Aid $10/day
- Tuesday & Wednesday: $51/full day
- Tuesday & Wednesday: $30/half day
- If you would like the forms or handbook made available to you in an alternative format (email, large print, audible, braille, or other), please contact the Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email.
- For additional information, please email Camp ABLE or call 734/394-5367.
2020 CAMP A.B.L.E. FIELD TRIPS
TR CAMP OPEN HOUSE
- June 9 5:30-7:30 pm
- Camp ABLE: Cherry Hill School House (Ridge & Cherry Hill Road)
- Camp Leisure Club: Summit on the Park Banquet (46000 Summit Parkway)
3RD PARTY FINANCIAL SUPPORT
We are unable to accept 3rd Party Financial Support at this time.
If you are applying for a scholarship or have a 3rd party who will be paying or your participants stay at camp, please visit the Front Desk at the Summit on the Park to request a paper copy of the camp registration form. This will notify us that a scholarship or 3rd party will be paying. If a scholarship is awarded or a 3rd party has paid, and you have already paid for camp, registration funds will not be refunded.
Discover Brochure: all Canton Leisure Services programs, classes, events and services are included in the bi-annual Discover program brochure. Offerings are available for all ages and interests.
Registration: program registration is available online and at the Summit on the Park front desk.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
If the Plymouth/Canton School District closes due to inclement weather during the school year (typically due to winter weather conditions), all Leisure Services Department programs/classes held prior to 4:00 pm will be canceled. For Leisure Services programs/classes that begin after 4:00 pm a determination to cancel will be made no later than 2:00 pm that day.
Leisure Services strives to offer inclusive recreation opportunities for all participants. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation or to request that a form/information be made available in an alternative format (email, large print, braille, audible or other) please contact our Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email.