- This event has passed.
CAMP LEISURE CLUB Ages: 15+ years
July 1 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Ages: 15+ years
Camp A.B.L.E. is an adapted summer camp experience designed for youth with disabilities. For nearly 30 summers, this unique camp has set the precedent for Therapeutic Recreation camps to be modeled after throughout Southeast Michigan.
Participants take part in a variety of activities throughout the day, interacting with their peers, enhancing social skills, reinforcing gross and fine motor skills, and gaining independence.
Camp operates Monday – Friday from mid-June to mid-August. Each week consists of two field trips and three days of special activities at the camp site. Participants may register for individual days of camp.
Please be advised that space is limited.
- Licensed through the State of Michigan
- Full Day Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- CPR/First Aid and CPI Certified Staff
- Camp Leisure Club 360 Camp Video (HTML)Opens in New Window: as you proceed through the video click right or left on the screen to scroll around the room.
- Field Trips every Tuesday and Thursday, limit 5 field trips per participant. Beginning May 1, you may add additional field trips.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday are camp days that may include swimming, walking to the library, yoga, gym time, crafts and games
- Option for daily registration
- Registration for 2020 Camp Leisure Club begins March 7 at 10 am at the Summit on the Park and online.
2020 CAMP LEISURE CLUB SEASON
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: $51/per day
- Tuesday and Thursday: $65/per day; Aid: $10/day
- For additional information, please email the TR coordinator or call 734/394-5367.
CAMP LEISURE CLUB FIELD TRIPS
TR CAMP OPEN HOUSE
- June 9 5:30-7:30 pm
- Camp ABLE: Cherry Hill School House (Ridge & Cherry Hill Road)
- Camp Leisure Club: Summit on the Park Banquet (46000 Summit Parkway)
3RD PARTY FINANCIAL SUPPORT
We are unable to accept 3rd Party Financial Support at this time.
Discover Brochure: all Canton Leisure Services programs, classes, events and services are included in the bi-annual Discover program brochure. Offerings are available for all ages and interests.
Registration: program registration is available online and at the Summit on the Park front desk.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
If the Plymouth/Canton School District closes due to inclement weather during the school year (typically due to winter weather conditions), all Leisure Services Department programs/classes held prior to 4:00 pm will be canceled. For Leisure Services programs/classes that begin after 4:00 pm a determination to cancel will be made no later than 2:00 pm that day.
Leisure Services strives to offer inclusive recreation opportunities for all participants. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation or to request that a form/information be made available in an alternative format (email, large print, braille, audible or other) please contact our Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email.
- Canton Leisure Services-Inclusive Recreation Service Department
July 6 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, repeating until August 31, 2020