- This event has passed.
Little Food Explorers
July 19 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Friday, repeating until August 9, 2019
Does your child:
- Have trouble touching various non-preferred food items?
- Become anxious around mealtime or when new foods are presented?
- Limit their food choices to less than 1 or 2 foods in each food group?
- Struggle with a balanced diet due to lack of choices?
- Create tension at mealtimes due to restrictions in food options?
If you have answered yes to 3 or more of these questions and your child meets the following criteria:
- 4-6 years old
- Has an effective way to communicate
- Can follow basic 2 step direction in order to follow a simple 2-3 step recipe
- Can self-feed with fork and spoon
Then we have the group for you!
The Little Food Explorers Group will be run by a licensed Occupational Therapist in order to increase tolerance of engaging and interacting with new foods as well as to decrease anxiety when presented with unfamiliar foods. This group will include parent involvement for weekly sessions.
Cost: $300 includes sessions and supplies
Scholarship information available upon request
Please contact the ACC at 734.487.2890 for more information and/or schedule a screening your Little Food Explorer.
**Parent education class will be provided on June 21 st with childcare available**