- This event has passed.
Living With Autism Workshop 2020
April 24 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$55 – $75
Transformative. Helpful. Inspirational. Connective. That’s how past attendees describe the Living With Autism Workshop, sponsored by Metro Parent and Henry Ford Health System. This day, which is dedicated to unlocking the puzzle of autism, is geared at parents and professionals alike, and features two impactful speakers, along with expert-led breakout sessions. It’s a powerful experience.
And, for the 13th annual event on Friday, April 24, 2020, we’re aiming to make it more accessible than ever, with prices slashed from $125 in 2019 to only $75 in 2020 – and just $55 if you register by Friday, March 20. (Continental breakfast and lunch are provided with every ticket.) We’re at a new venue, too: the Wyndham Garden Sterling Heights.
This year, we’re focused on how the dialogue on autism is changing. Far more than a “diagnosis” or “challenge,” ASD can be valuable. We’re thrilled to present two topics/speakers who capture this change …
“Autism: A Uniquely Human Experience”
Presented by Barry M. Prizant, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Autism can be packed with advantages. Prizant, author of “Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism,” is at the forefront of those flipping the script on autism.
“A Better ‘Sense’ of ASD”
Presented by Chloe Rothschild
Rothschild is a young adult, self-advocate and author who educates people about autism from her perspective. She loves discussing the lesser-known “sense” of feeling and being in touch with the body.
You’ll also have a chance to delve deeper into specific topics in our expert-led breakout sessions. Here are the topics in store so far:
• Managing Behavioral Issues With Children on the Spectrum
• Autism, Growth & Transitioning into Adulthood
• You Guide to Evidenced-Based Treatments for ASD
• More Than Words Can Say: A Total Communication Approach
• Keeping Romance Alive When Raising a Child with Special Needs
• Overcoming Social Skills Deficits: Strategies for Children With ASD
• Autism and ADHD: Practical Strategies for When Your Child Has Both
• Self-Advocacy in Action: How Parents and Professionals Can Help
• Picky Eating Primer: Expanding Their Palates
… Stay tuned for more breakout session details coming soon!
The 2020 Living With Autism Workshop is presented by Metro Parent Media Group and Henry Ford Health System. It is sponsored by Gateway Pediatric Therapy, Kaufman Children’s Center and Spark Center for Autism.
For sponsorship or exhibitor information, email [email protected]