- This event has passed.
Living with Autism Workshop
April 5 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm$85 – $155
Experts, resources, networking: A day of insights and inspiration
For anyone who loves or cares for someone with autism the area’s premier autism workshop can be invaluable for its insights, inspiration and opportunity to network.
Do you have a boy entering puberty? Frank Campagna, the Autism Daddy, can tell you all about what to expect. He’s one of two keynote speakers, talking about “Things No One Ever Told Me About After My Kid Was Diagnosed with Autism.”
Anita Lesko, a motivational speaker and nurse anesthetist who was diagnosed at age 50 with Asperger’s Syndrome, is the second keynote. She’ll talk about visualization — and “Rewiring Your Brain for Success.”
Attendees also will have the opportunity to choose from numerous expert-led breakout sessions, and the chance to network with other attendees during breakfast and lunch (both included in the price of admission.)
For more information, visit MetroParent.com/autism.
Things No One Ever Told Me About After My Kid Was Diagnosed with Autism Frank “Autism Daddy” Campagna
Visualization & Neuroplasticity: Re-Wiring Your Brain For Success! Anita Lesko
Breakout Session Topics:
- Maximizing Potential: The Importance of Collaboration Between ABA and Speech Therapies
- Health Care Transition: Health Care Transition Steps for Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Motivation and Stress: Boosting Motivation & Overcoming Life’s Stressors for Those with Autism
- Individual Advocacy: Four Principles of Fostering Individual Advocacy in Those with ASD
- Behavioral Management: Behavior Management Bootcamp for Parents and Caregivers
- The Big Picture: Preparing Adolescents for Life After ABA and IEPs
- Strategies for Students, Part 1: Self-Management Strategies for Students with ASD
- Strategies for Students, Part 2: Self-Management Strategies for Students with ASD
- Generation Next: Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Adults with Autism
- Picky Eating Primer: Teaching Your Child to Eat Different Foods at Home
- The Importance of Unplugging: Setting Limits for Media Use
- Parent Panel: The Greatest Advice for the Toughest Topics