- This event has passed.
Michigan Council for Exceptional Children (MCEC) Conference 2020
March 4 - March 6$90 – $420
Michigan CEC is celebrating their 80th annual conference by presenting national speakers, over 120 breakout sessions, 40+ exhibitors and unique networking opportunities. A conference of this caliber could not happen without the MCEC Board of Directors, volunteers, the speakers, and YOU.
Our goal for each participant is to have a productive learning experience and an opportunity to share with colleagues from across our state through quality, research-based sessions, enjoyable receptions and productive organizational meetings.
Find out more at the MCEC conference website.
Alt+Shift Breakout Sessions:
- Assistive Technology: How to try Before you Buy with Ashley Rust
- Delta Math: Tier 3 Recommendations based on Research and Experience with Mike Klavon
- From Research to Practice: Teaching Math to Students with Significant
Disabilities with Kate Fanelli and Darnella Delphine
- Strengthening Capacity for Districts and Programs to Provide High
Quality Math Instruction to Students with Significant Disabilities with
Kate Fanelli, Patricia Silveri, and Darnella Delphine
- Coaching: The Missing Piece of the Implementation Puzzle with Carolyn
O’Hearn and Lori Seagraves
- The Road Less Traveled – One Team’s Journey with AAC with Carolyn
O’Hearn and members of the Shiawasee RESD team
- Supporting Students with Learning Difficulties in the General
Education Classroom with Briana Bancroft
- Foundations of Math: A Shift in Mathematical Thinking Can Change
Mathematical Outcomes with Briana Bancroft and Mike Wolf
- Building Team Capacity to Increase Positive Impacts for Students and
Staff with Sara Pericolosi
- Supporting Student Communication Needs in the General and Special
Education Classroom with Sara Pericolosi