- This event has passed.
OUCARES Teen Life Skills (11-14 yrs, 15-18 yrs)
June 17 @ 9:00 am - June 28 @ 3:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, repeating until July 29, 2019
Teen Life Skills Camp is for individuals with High Functioning Autism, Aspergers or PDD/NOS.
Teen Life Skills (2 Groups: 11-14 yrs, 15-18 yrs) is located at Avondale Middle School in Rochester.
Each session will be full of fun activities focused on learning life skills including:
- Practical Living Skills: Clothing care, menu planning, grocery shopping, and cooking
- Interpersonal Skills: Initiative/dependability, anger management, conflict resolution, self-esteem, social skills, and self-confidence
- Personal Management Skills: Money management, time management, personal health care
Daily Activities will include:
- Campers plan and prepare lunch
- Personal health care: exercise, personal hygiene and clothing care
- Team-building activities: include starting a microbusiness to build employable skills learning about conflict resolution skills, managing anger issues
- Field trips within the community to practice new life skills learned at camp
Camp Assessments : All new campers who have not attended our day camp program must be assessed prior to camp. Once your completed Teen Application Packet or Adult Application Packet is received, we will contact you to schedule an assessment.
A $50 non-refundable assessment fee for new campers must be paid prior to the day of your child’s appointment. This is a one time fee and is in addition to the camp fee. Receipt of Application Packet does not guarantee admittance. Admission decisions will only be made once we receive your completed packet of forms.
2019 Teen Life Skills Camp
Life Skills Camp is for individuals with High Functioning Autism, Aspergers or PDD/NOS.
Ages 15-18 yrs: Two Sessions Monday- Friday 9am-3pm
Session 1: June 17 – June 28
Session 2: July 1 – July 12 (No Camp July 4 & 5)
Ages 11-14 yrs: Two Sessions Monday- Friday 9am-3pm
Session 3: July 15 – July 26 (11-14 yrs)
Session 4: July 29 – Aug. 9 (11-14 yrs)
$650 for each two week session. *Session 2 cost is $550 due to the holiday closure.
Avondale Middle School: 1445 W. Auburn Rd. Rochester Hills
Teen Life Skills Camp Application Packet: You may fax completed application packets to (248-370-4242) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Limited scholarships are available. Click here for Summer Camp Scholarship Form.
For Summer Day Camp, Pee Wee Camp, Teen Life Skills Camp & Adult Life Skills Camp, a non-refundable deposit of $100 per session is due when your participant is admitted (OUCARES will send you an email) to secure your participant’s placement at camp. This deposit will be applied to your total camp payment. All remaining payments are due in full by JUNE 3.
For all returning campers, you will be notified once we receive your completed application packet. Receipt of application does not guarantee admittance. Admission decisions will only be made once we receive your completed application packet.