- This event has passed.
PLAY Project Intensive Workshop
June 3 - June 4$195
Richard Solomon, MD, founder of The PLAY Project, believes every young child with autism should have access to life-changing early intervention, by empowering their parents or caregivers. The PLAY Project strives to create a world where all children with autism receive early intervention services and parents choose the best treatment options for their child.
This professional development opportunity will provide you with an overview of the PLAY Project methods and principles along with case studies to gain immediate skills in helping children with autism. The workshop consists of case studies, video analysis of parent and child interaction, and group activities that develop your skills in play-based, developmental and behavioral techniques for engaging children with autism and other developmental delays.
Who will benefit:
Our intensive workshop will be of interest to administrators and policy makers involved with autism services, parents of children with autism, and providers who serve these children.This workshop can serve as a first step in pursuing the Certified PLAY Project Consultant credential.
After this workshop participants will be able to
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the PLAY Project, PLAY Autism Intervention, 7 circles of PLAY and can begin helping children with autism and their caregivers immediately!
- Identify techniques that help improve language, social skills, behavior, development, and play skills of children with autism!
- Describe how a child’s unique profile is created and develop a plan to improve the child’s social interaction based on the profile!
- *Learning outcomes will be assessed after the Intensive Workshop by a PLAY Project Quiz and Satisfaction Survey
No CEUs will be provided for this training.
Certificates of attendance for the Two- Day Intensive workshop will be issued to all participants at the completion of the course.
Venue, Hotel and Travel Information
The PLAY Project Intensive Workshop will be held at LifeLabs Kids Foundation at 3178 Hilton Rd, Ferndale, MI 48220.
Hotel and travel information coming soon!
Payment and special rates
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for:
- Paying by check or PO
- Discounts on student, parent and group rates
- Any additional questions