The guide offers plenty of valuable information such as:
- Understanding areas of most concern or particular difficulties frequently experienced by wheelchair users in their own homes.
- A comprehensive checklist, which includes standards and recommendations, covering all areas of a home (kitchen, bathroom, stairways, etc.) and aimed at improving the overall comfort and safety for those in a wheelchair.
- Tips and advice on basic wheelchair checks and the importance of regular maintenance.
- Advice on manoeuvring, both inside the house as well as in outside areas and access points, to prevent injuries and accidents.
- Other helpful resources, downloads, and further information to help maintain a safe and wheelchair-friendly home environment.