Provides specialized behavioral intervention services and program supervision for children with autism spectrum disorders, ages 14 months and older. Responsible for the creation and implementation of specialized behavioral services for each client, in addition to the management of Program Supervisors and their direct reports.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervises individualized programs for children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders, ages 14 months and older, in natural settings- primarily in-home, but additionally out in the community, in the schools, and within other peer-group social contexts.
• Provides clinical supervision and work direction to treatment teams to include skills enhancement, clinical consultation, and professional development
• Conducts initial assessment of clients diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and produces assessment report to include a recommendation for treatment and supervision hours.
• Assures clients receive interventions to meet the full extent of the services authorized; adjusts staffing of treatment team as appropriate to meet the needs of the client.
• Coaches clinical teams on the procedural implementation of treatment plans via team meetings, and live/in situation supervision.
• Reviews data and reports submitted by direct care team, and recommends changes to the program, procedures, and data collection methods to assure programs reflect each child’s development and progress towards identified goals.
• Observes and assesses client skills and progress to inform recommendations for ongoing intervention and behavioral programming
• Creates and leads implementation of Behavior Support Plans as appropriate
• Collaborates with additional service providers on the client’s support team to ensure comprehensive service delivery
• Addresses program delivery with families; including parent coaching, challenges with teaching, parent participation, and work environment as necessary
• Reviews progress reports and treatments plans, ensuring that they meet the requirements of regulatory agencies and funding sources and are clinically accurate and appropriate.
• Attends and support the Program Supervisor in progress and treatment plan review meetings with families.
• Responsible for meeting productivity requirements set forth in annual budget and for providing efficient and effective service in all areas of performance.
• Maintains accurate documentation of billable tasks that meets the requirements of regulatory agencies and funding sources, and is HIPAA compliant.
• Tracks direct and indirect client sessions to ensure that services are provided to the full extent of the authorization for each client.
• Participates in recruitment, interviewing, selection, and onboarding of clinical staff.
• Coordinates documentation to ensure reauthorization and continuation of services when necessary.
• Supports staff in meeting productivity requirements set forth in annual budget and for providing efficient and effective service in all areas of performance.
• Provides regular performance feedback to Program Supervisors supervised related to their strengths and areas for improvement, work with Behavioral Interventionists to set goals for professional development.
• Manages the performance of direct reports through identifying areas for improvement, create and implement performance management plans when appropriate in collaboration with the Senior Clinical Manager and HR.
• Supports Program Supervisors in development, implementation, and oversight of performance management plans for Behavioral Interventionists
• Monitors staff performance throughout the onboarding process,and refer staff to the Training Department when appropriate for additional support.
• Leads POD meetings and ensure ESBA policy and procedure is communicated to and understood by clinical teams supervised
Minimum Education or Training Equivalent to:
• Master’s degree, PsyD, or PhD from an accredited college or university in one of the following disciplines is required: applied behavior analysis, early childhood education/development, early childhood special education, special education, pediatric therapy, psychology or related field.
• Board Certified Behavior Analyst (preferred); Licensed Clinical Psychologist, MFT, MSW, SLP, OT, PT with current licensure in good standing with regulatory board and strong background in behavioral programs.
Minimum Years of Additional Related Experience:
• Three years of related professional experience working with children with autism spectrum disorders (“ASD”) and/or other related developmental disabilities in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
• Two or more years’ experience providing staff direction and development in a supervisory role.
Skills and Experiences
Special Qualifications (Skills, Abilities, Licenses):
• Knowledgeable of methodologies found to benefit children diagnosed with ASD, including Applied Behavior Analysis (“ABA”), Early Start Denver Model (“ESDM”), Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication-Handicapped Children (“TEACCH”), Picture Exchange Communication System (“PECS”), and Pivotal Response Training (“PRT”).
• Familiar with the field of early intervention, and knowledgeable of other community resources and agencies that serve children.
• Sensitive to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; American Sign Language or bilingual ability preferred.
• Able to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Able to exercise confidentiality and discretion pertaining to the work environment.
• Able to appropriately interpret and implement policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Knowledgeable and skilled in computer/word processing software.
• Able to obtain criminal record clearance through Department of Justice.
• Able to obtain CPR certificate.
• Able to travel to multiple work sites; reliable transportation needed (proof of valid driver license, current auto insurance identification card, and acceptable driving record per NIAC standards is required).